Fasa University of Medical Sciences, Noncommunicable Diseases Research Center
Associate Professor of Pharmacology
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine
Noncommunicable Diseases Research Center
Fasa University of Medical Science
- To investigate the incidence and prevalence of non-Communicable diseases
- To investigate the most effective methods of prevention, detection, treatment, and rehabilitation for non-communicable diseases mainly: cardiovascular diseases and cancers
- To improve the quality of health care services
Ten thousand people from 35 to 70 years old
Sampling method and sample size
Census of a geographical region
- Individuals were invited to interview.
- Questionnaires were completed to determine the health status and nutrition status of the subjects.
- Oral examinations are performed.
- Blood samples of all individuals are taken and stored.
Follow up Methods
Active by phone and repeated measurements
- Conventional risk factors
- nutrition and life style vitiates
- cerebrovascular disease
- any chronic disease